Dedicated Support 24/7
Best price guarantee
Vitalink Clay Pebbles 10L Growing Medium
Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate for Indoor Gardening.
Craving vibrant plants but tired of soggy soil and finicky pH? Unleash the power of Vitalink Clay Pebbles, the perfect growing medium. Ditch the dirt and embrace these lightweight, porous wonders. They work magic on drainage and aeration, preventing root rot and keeping your plants happy, healthy, and breathing easy. Say goodbye to messy soil and hello to thriving greenery, both indoors and out!
Vitalink clay balls are crafted from 100% natural clay. Not only are they clean and pH and EC stable, but they also provide excellent aeration and drainage. Their distinctive structure and expansive surface area create an optimal environment for fostering beneficial bacterial growth around the root zone, resulting in healthy plants.
Vitalink Clay balls stand out from other brands and pebbles on the market due to their unique, non-uniform shape. This distinctive shape enhances surface area, promoting superior aeration and water retention. Furthermore, these balls are carefully tumbled during manufacturing, resulting in softer edges that are gentle on plant roots and new root growth during transplantation.
Vitalink Clay Pebbles will not float once fully wet, and they are pre-cleaned. In drip irrigation systems, the pebbles can be mixed with other growing media for better capillary uptake. Vitalink Clay Pebbles can be used as a drainage layer decoration, hydroponics, hydroculture, and aquaponics.
Why do we love them?
Forget heavy, messy soil and embrace the power of Vitalink Clay Balls—your gateway to effortless indoor gardening and thriving hydroponics. These fired clay nuggets aren’t just lightweight alternatives; they’re nature’s tiny superheroes, empowering your plants with a bounty of benefits:
Our Vitalink expanded clay pebbles boast exceptional drainage and work great as an extra drainage layer, preventing water from stagnating around roots and potentially causing rot. Your plants will breathe easy with these water-wicking wonders.
Their porous nature allows for excellent air circulation, ensuring your plant’s roots don’t suffocate. The oxygen-rich environment these clay balls create is perfect for healthy roots and fast growth.
Unlike soil, expanded clay pebbles will not impact the pH of your nutrient solution. This ensures that your plants thrive in a harmonious and well-balanced environment. Say goodbye to concerns about pH fluctuations!
Ditch the backaches! Expanded clay pellets are much lighter than soil and plain old perlite, making them easy to handle and transport, even for the most delicate plant parents. Your back will thank you!
These eco-friendly nuggets can be reused multiple times, minimizing waste and saving you money in the long run. Plus, they’re naturally sustainable, making you a friend of the planet.
Clay balls add a natural, earthy aesthetic to your hydroponic setup, blending seamlessly with any indoor or outdoor environment. Enhance your space with these rustic charmers.
Great Starter Substrate
Its neutral and lightweight nature makes expanded clay pebbles great for use as a starter substrate growing medium and can be mixed with all the soil components like vermiculite, worm castings, perlite, and potting soil to create the perfect mix for your plants
Want to create the perfect potting mix for your indoor plants? Our clay balls work excellent as a base substrate and supply all the soil components needed to make premium soil mixes, and we recommend using expanded clay pebbles with the following:
Free Shipping on orders over £20
Planting Perfect: How Many Pebbles Do You Need For Hydroculture Plants
The amount of clay pebbles you need depends on the size of your pot and the type of plants you're growing. Here's a rough guide:
External Diameter of Decorative Pot/Planter
- 28cm or less: 1 x bag
- 29 - 34cm: 2 x bags
- 35 - 38cm: 3 x bags
- 39 - 40cm: 4 x bags
- 41 - 44cm: 5 x bags
- 44 - 48cm: x 6 Bags
Remember, these are just estimates. It's always best to be on the side of having more pebbles than you think you need, as you can always remove some if necessary.
How to reuse your clay balls
Reusing your Vitalink Clay Pebbles is a fantastic way to be eco-friendly and save money. They can last for years with proper care and cleaning.
- Remove Plants and Debris: Start by removing any remaining plant material and debris from the pebbles. You can hand-pick larger pieces and sift out finer particles.
- Dunk in Warm Water: Fill a large container with lukewarm water and submerge the pebbles. Let them soak for 15-30 minutes. This loosens dirt and organic matter.
Cleanse and Rinse:
- Scrub Lightly: Gently scrub the pebbles with a soft brush or your hands. Avoid harsh chemicals or abrasives.
- Rinsing Round Robin: Rinse the pebbles thoroughly in clean water. You can use a colander or strainer to make this easier. Repeat the rinsing process until the water runs clear.
Drying and Storage:
- Sun-Soak or Air-Dry: Spread the pebbles out on a clean surface in direct sunlight or a well-ventilated area. Let them dry completely before storing.
- Storage Solutions: Once dry, store your pebbles in a clean, dry container with a lid. This keeps them dust-free and ready for their next adventure.
Clay Pebbles vs. Soil
While both soil and clay pebbles can nurture your plants, clay pebbles offer some distinct advantages:
- Cleaner System: Clay pebbles are less messy than soil, preventing dirt from spilling out and keeping your hydroponic system tidy. No more muddy mishaps!
- Reduced Pests and Diseases: Soil can harbor pests and diseases, but clay pebbles provide a sterile environment, minimizing these risks. Keep your plants healthy and worry-free!
- Easier Monitoring: With clay pebbles, you can easily monitor your plant's root health and nutrient uptake, giving you greater control over their growth. Watch your plants thrive under your watchful eye!
Beyond the Basics: Creative Clay Pebble Uses
Clay balls aren't just for hydroponics! They can be used in various ways around the garden:
- Mulch: Spread a layer of clay pebbles around the base of your outdoor plants to suppress weeds, retain moisture, and regulate soil temperature. Give your outdoor plants a helping hand!
- Drainage layer: Use clay pebbles to improve drainage in planters or garden beds with poor soil quality. No more waterlogged worries!
- Terrarium: Add a decorative touch and improve drainage in your terrariums with clay pebbles. Create miniature worlds with these versatile wonders!
With their versatility, benefits, and ease of use, Vitalink Clay Pebbles are a fantastic choice for any plant enthusiast.
Vitalink Clay Pebbles FAQ`s
What are Vitalink Expanded Clay Pebbles, and how are they used in gardening?
Vitalink Clay balls are a lightweight and porous substrate commonly used in hydroponic and aquaponic systems. These pebbles are made from high-quality clay and are designed to provide optimal aeration and drainage for plant roots. To use them in gardening, simply place the clay pebbles in the chosen growing container, providing a stable and supportive environment for your plants.
Are Vitalink Clay balls suitable for all types of plants?
Vitalink Clay balls offer great versatility and can cater to a wide range of plants. They are a popular choice in hydroponic systems for growing vegetables, herbs, houseplants, and flowers effectively. The pebbles create a stable and supportive environment and drainage layer for the roots, which ultimately leads to healthy and robust growth. However, it's essential to keep a close eye on your plant's individual needs and adjust the nutrient solution accordingly to ensure they develop optimally.
Can I mix clay balls with soil?
Yes, you can mix clay balls with soil. Vitalink Clay pellets can be blended with soil components like vermiculite, worm castings, perlite, and potting soil to create an ideal mix for your plants.
Are clay balls good for indoor pot plants?
Yes, clay balls, specifically Vitalink Clay Pebbles, are excellent for indoor pot plants. They provide a lightweight, pH-neutral, and well-aerated substrate, promoting optimal drainage and preventing issues like root rot.
Can you plant directly into clay pebbles?
While it's possible to plant directly into clay pebbles, it's more commonly used as a growing medium in hydroponic and aquaponic systems. For traditional planting, a mix of clay pebbles with other soil components like vermiculite, worm castings, perlite, and potting soil is recommended for optimal plant support and growth.